

Today I found out that 'Santa' has passed away. I felt kind of silly crying in the Harley shop but Santa has been a huge part of our family for 13 years.
I don't know his real name, he has just been Santa to the kids and I . Some of you might recognize him, he has been the Meier and Frank Santa for 20 + years. He has been at Latus motors Harley shop for 18 yrs. We first met Santa when Cory was only 5 months old. Santa remembered my kids each year, how cool is that?
One year when Cory was about 4, we bought him a gift. It was a ceramic santa ornament. We had no idea that Santa collected Santa trinkets. He was a very special man who gave so much of himself to make so many children ( and parents) happy. He worked from opening until closing every day from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve. He only took 4, 10 min breaks and 1/2 hour lunch. Those are some long hours! All the while he had a smile on his face.
I love him and have not had the heart to tell my kids that he is gone to heaven. I wont tell the girls but I will tell Cory. I wanted to send his family a card but his wife is not accepting cards or anything. I want very much to do something in his honor but I don't know what. A bronze plaque of a Santa in his memory on the down town M&F building would be nice, how do I go about doing that? Any ideas?
We did not get to see him last year, he had a stroke and was not well enough to play his part.
I'm so glad that I bought the video of him talking with my kids the year before, what a treasure.
Christmas just wont be the same without him.
In Santa's memory..............

3 comments:
What if you adopt a family for Christmas in his memory?
that's a great idea!
I learned that there were two M&F santas. This Santa is the one who passed but the other one worked the evening sift and he's still there. :-)
We only say this santa once but he's a wonderful guy! :-)
You know what?? I did some shedding of the tears on Santa myself. I just remember Cameron going to see him when he was 18 months old & getting right up on his lap & smiling BIG! Cam refers him as the "real santa"..LOL and that he was. So nice that so many parents-grandparents & kids will have the memory of him forever.
Post a Comment