Another Christmas has come and gone. Whew! It sure is a lot of work for one day out of the year. I'm begining to think that it's not really worth the hussle and bussle. As soon as Thanksgiving dinner is done, I get excited for Christmas and start planning for the big day. What the heck for????? It's just more work for me and more stress. Who needs it? Not me!I do it for my kids, that's why. Christmas mornings were very lonely for me as a little kid, so I have always said that my kids would always have a wonderful Christmas. Randy zaps the joy out of every holiday whether is Christmas, Easter or whatever. He's just not into them. He hates the fact that money is being spent............his money. WHATEVER! Even if I did not spend any money on gifts, he's still not into the holidays. He's your typical scrooge. I don't know why. I like traditions, like baking cookies etc. Randy complains that there is flour and icing all over the kitchen. WHO CARES?????
Christmas morning started off OK, we got to sleep in. Our kids are so nice, I told them not to wake us before 8:00am. They waited until 9:00am so we could sleep in. It was so funny because Hayley and Shelby's rooms are at one end of the house and Corys is on the other. Our living room is in the middle. We have a rule, no one in the living room to see what Santa brought until Mom and Dad are out there fisrt. The kids were communicating with Walkie Talkies back and forth. We could here them and it made us laugh....for an hour! Finally Randy and I got up. I made my Starbucks coffee and then off to open gifts. all of a sudden Cory say's that my Aunt just pulled in the driveway. NO! I yelled. She's over an hour early. :-( No more enjoying my quiet morning with my husband, kids and my starbucks. I had to get out of my reindeer pj's and start entertaining and preparing food. URGH!
That was the begining of my crappy day. I worked from that moment on. Randy's parents arrived a bit later. I started dinner at 3:00pm. We had spiral honey baked ham, company potatos, rolls and green salad. (I did not burn the ham!) Randy sat in the recliner the who freakin day! He did nothing to help me. Everyone came to the table for dinner. I of course did not because I was making sure everyone had what they needed. There was one seat left at the table for me but I could not get to it because our dinning room is so small. Randy needed to move his butt. He turned, looked at me and continued to eat his dinner. Did he move you ask?
Hell no! He just sat there and ate. My Aunt said come sit down Diane. I said, I can't, I can't get by. Did Randy move?? NO! So, I ate my Christmas dinner at the kitchen counter. Did I mention that it was cold? URGH!! I'm getting mad again just writting this.
So, now I bet you think that I got out my book, 'Power of a praying wife', right? HELL NO!
I'm not praying for him, he should pray for me that I don't kick him to the curb.
I can not believe that anyone can be such an ass, and on Christmas!
(Sorry for the potty mouth)
I'm tired of being the door matt..............................end of story.
Thanks for reading my complaints, moans and groans. LOL!

1 comment:
{{{{{{{{Diane}}}}}}}} sorry Randy was a butt head on Christmas. I am glad the kids had a great day though, that is what all of that work is about! Love to you.
Post a Comment