Today is a sad day for me. It was today, three years ago that my Dad passed away suddenly. I'm thankful to God that he passed in his sleep and I'm thankful that he is with God now but I'm sad because I miss him so much. He was my very best friend in the whole world, although I think I did not always treat him that way. You know, the teenage years and above, when kids think they know it all? I'm also sad that he is not here to see my kids grow up and be a part of their lives. We talk about Grandpa John, so they will know him and remember him always.The Pastor that preformed my Dad's service, Pastor Tom Baker, is so wonderful. Not only was he great to my family and I during this difficult time but every year he has sent me a letter letting me know that he is thinking about me and keeping me in his prayers. These letters have really meant a lot to me.
I love you Trapper!
Hugs to you and lot's of them.
Diane

1 comment:
Diane, hugs to you. I lost my dad when I was just 20 so I understand about all of those teeage years things. Yikes! But, I am positive that they understood too. Much love to you on this tough time of year.
Post a Comment