Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I realllllly don't like the color orange on my deck!

Randy decided after 5 yrs of not sealing the deck, that he'd give into my nagging and do it today.
Yesterday he brought home color swatches. He wanted to paint it a solid color because that was the easiest. Whatever, it's getting done. We picked a color, it was NOT orange. It was brown with red in it. Kind of like redwood. Below is a picture of how it came out. I HATE IT!
It's ORANGE!!! I asked him why he did not take the paint back to the store. He said that they would not take paint back. OH YES THEY DO!
I think he just did not want to be bothered. URGH!! Now, since we don't like the color, he's not going to do the ledge below the kitchen window or the railing. It looks bad enough being orange but now it all wont match. I want to scream!!
OK, calm down, it's just a deck. Randy said that he would repaint it next year. Ya....right, I wont hold my breath. Meghan or Jenne, if you happen to read my blog, I'm going to try to 'choose to bloom'. :) I think I'll stop by your blogs now for some inspiration.

On a more pleasant note, I met a friend of mine for tea this morning. We had a nice time catching up on things.
Enjoy the sunshine today

2 comments:

crftymama3 said...

The positive side... you can't really decorate for Halloween now. Hee-hee!!
You can always re-paint it. Did Randy use a roller or brush? It wouldn't take long to re-roll. :)
I hate our deck color, and I've painted it twice since we moved in here. UGH! The upper part of my deck is still two-toned because I really HATED the color and stopped mid-way. I need to get it redone. UGH!
Hugs!!

Diane said...

He did use a roller. He wont repaint it until next year though since winter is just around the corner. I'm sure we will have a day or two of sunshine but he just not want to be bothered. @@