Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Learning to say NO

I have always had a hard time saying no to people, not my kids, other people. LOL!
Remember the brat from yesterdays post? Well, today she decided to be nice to Hayley, whatever. She wanted to go to church with Hayley tonight but Hayley told her that her Mom would have to bring her and pick her up. I made this clear last week also. It's just to much rush for me to get dinner ready, home work etc and be on time to my Moms group. Well, the kid said that she would not go if I did not bring her home. Well then, I guess you wont be going. You have to understand that I do all of the driving for Hayley's friends. She had two girls that she hangs out with and whether they are coming to our home or she's going there, I'm the driver. I'm getting really sick of it. I'm also resentful towards this one girl and her Mom. So, am I wrong? Should I have given in?
I've got to run and get dinner going. Enjoy your evening.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Diane, I am still learning to say "no", it's hard to do. I have been trying to put my foot down a little bit, especially when it comes to me always driving. Gas prices are too high, I have to.
Blessings,
Gina

Diane said...

Thanks for your support Gina.
I think the girls mom is not too happy with me. Oh well. :)

crftymama3 said...

Maybe the issue is not with you, but with the other mom. WHY can she NOT drive? Does she have a car, money for gas, etc. Well... part of being a parent is providing for your child. This not only means a roof, food, clothing, etc... but the extras too.
Why does the other mom feel that YOU should provide the extras all the time? Humm...
Maybe she is more upset at herself, then you. It just isn't being looked at that way.
JMO :)
I take my kids to do what they want. Their friends are invited, but must pay their way. Here and there, my paying is my choice. Noone can tell me it is right or wrong... not even my kids. Well... my husband does have the right to give an opinion too. LOL

Diane said...

Oh, it does not matter which way the kids are going, she just assumes (as well as the other friends parents) that I'll drive. I don't mind driving but I don't like being taken advantage of. I have even asked the other parents to pick up, drop off.....they always say they can't for whatever reason. I only have this problem with two of Hayley's friends, not my son's friends. :)
I could go on and on about them but the bottom line is.....lazy!