Friday, November 28, 2008

It's official!

It is now.................the Holiday season. Yea! This means crunch time. I have Christmas cards to get out, cookies to bake, decorating and shopping to be done.........all in just 27 days. YIKES!
Actually in only 22 days. I try (really hard) to get these things done before my kids get out of school. I have most of my Christmas shopping done already but there are still a few things to get. I will mix up lots of cookie dough soon to bake later and get packaged up for gifts. :)
I was going to go shopping today but I have a cold and just could not get myself out the door, much less out of bed. Oh well, I missed the crowds, that's not a bad thing.

I would like to challenge all my visitors to a Holiday challenge of practising Random Acts of Kindness this season. Actually all year long would be great but we'll just do it in baby steps. I'd love for you to leave a comment and share your RAK with us all. This is not for pride of course; we should be humble in our acts, but I just thought it would be fun to share. (if you want)
It could be something so simple and small but it if puts a smile on someones face or a smile on their heart.............that's a great thing. :) Just think of the chain reaction!
Last year there was an older lady in front of me at the grocery store that realized after her groceries were rung up, that she did not have her check book or any cash. This store does not take credit cards. This sweet lady was so embarrassed and just did not know what to do. I paid for her groceries. It was not much but it helped her and made her day. It actually made my day too; it felt so good to do something nice for someone.

Randy is not finished painting the kitchen yet, there are a few touch up here and there as well as the trim. A picture will be coming soon.......I promise. I love the color so much, it really warmed up the room. I don't however like the colors with our counters, I don't think they match. Oh well, really not a huge deal. Maybe some day I'll get new counters.

Enjoy this black Friday everyone and I hope that you are safe and get lots of great deals!

No comments: