Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Couponing!

Once again I'm a quest to save money and get those darn credit card bills paid off! I just bought the book, The Coupon Mom.
It's filled with great information on saving money on groceries.  I need to go back through the book and highlight somethings, there are so many great tips.
So, yesterday I went to Hagens. (happened to be in the area) I love this store, I wish there was one closer to me. Anyway, they had 2 liter bottles of Dr. Pepper on sale. I bought 5 bottles for only .24 cents each! Sale price + a coupon for each = big savings! :)
I was looking through the Hagen's store add and noticed that they have Sauve shampoo on sale for .77 cents. That alone is a good buy but it will be even better with the .50 cents off coupon that came in the mail this sunday. SCORE! : D
I'm lov'n this!  Here is the Coupon Mom web site http://www.couponmom.com/
There are message boards also, where other people can share. I hope there are some Oregonians.:)
I'm still learning my way around her site. She does the work of matching weekly store adds to the current coupons that are out. The best part.............it's FREE! She does all the work for us WOW!
One catch, Oregon is not a state on her list. .....yet. :)  She does have Safeway listed for WA, so I'm hoping the weekly sales are the same. So for now, I will have to  match them up myself. I don't think it will be a huge deal, actually what I have done so far has been kind of fun.
I don't take the Sunday paper, but I will be calling them today to start. It's less spendy to have it delivered then to purchase it at the store.  If there are good coupons that I will be using, I'll buy another paper at the store. This week I did buy 2. Shelby and I were able to enjoy a fun night at the mall when the other two kids were gone for the night. The paper had a coupon for a free 16 oz Jamba Juice smoothie and  a coupon for a free Cinnabon. YEA!  Shelby was so thrilled to have both and Mom all to herself. :)
I then called my Mom in law to save her paper for me to my Son Cory could have the coupons for his next loitering session with friends at the Mall. LOL!
I'll keep you posted on my saavings.
I have to say that I have already saved so much with making my own laundry soap. I'll have to crunch the numbers to let you know just how much. I have learned that I can make my own dishwashing detergent as well. humm.....I'll give it a shot and let you know.
We have bills to pay off, a Disneyland trip to save for and I just don't want to give my money away when I can save it and then use it for other things.
Times are tough for so many right now. If there is an item that I can get for pennies but don't use that product, I'm sure there is a foodbank that would love to have it. The Coupon Mom talks about this in her book.
Have a great day!

No comments: