I have often wondered if mid life crisis was real or just an excuse that some people use to do stupid things. Now that I'm 42 (hack, cough, gag) I think that I'm starting to feel it. I was in the car this morning, a couple songs came on that reminded me of my dancing days with my friends. When I say 'dancing days', I mean night clubs. I really miss those days. I was young, in shape, free, no stress, everything was so great. I love the life that God has given me, all I have every wanted was to be a married, stay at home Mom and that is what I have. So why do I get so sad to hear those songs or think about my past?
I really miss my youth. Now I worry about my health, money, the housework, my family, ya-da, ya-da, ya-da. I guess I should be thankful for my fond memories, which I am. I have not always had it easy in my life growing up but I have had a blessed life that I'm forever grateful for.
OK, going to find me some Oingo Boingo music to play. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I would jump up and tell you I want to go out dancing with you... to relive our youth! But, I am not sure I could make it past 9:30 PM and frankly, does anything get started that early? LOL
I get you though.... boy, do I get you
Happy Thanksgiving!
*LOL, Liane! I don't think I could last until 9:30 either. What is it with young people, I used to not go out until 10:00pm, stay out all night and get up for work the next day, no problem. Oh to be so young.
:-)
Post a Comment