


Today the kids and I went down town Portland to visit Santa at Macy's. I started the tradition when Cory was just 5 months old. We had a great time as usual but it was not the same as years past. I miss Meier & Frank, I miss the Santa that has been there for the past 18 years, the monorail and good old Santa Land on the 10th floor. OK I admit, I don't like change. I did have some good news that made my day. Remember my post about Santa passing away?I talked to an employee at Macy's and she said that Don (AKA Santa) did NOT pass away! He did have a stroke last year, that I knew but he's alive and well. :-) My heart danced with joy!He is unable to be Santa but he did come to Macy's on opening day to wish everyone well. Oh how I wished we were there to see him and hug him. I feel so foolish for posting that he died.I'll be calling Latus motors tomorrow morning to let the manager know that her employees should get their facts straight. Don't worry, I'll be polite but this was a majoy screw up if you ask me.After the kids had their visit with Santa we decided to go see the 12 days of christmas windows outside of Macy's. Guess what? Macy's did NOT decorate the windows!! This has been a tradition for families for YEARS!!! OK, so then we decide to stroll over to Pioneer Place to see the gingerbread houses. Guess what?? NO GINGERBREAD HOUSES!! What's up people???As we were walking out of PP, we stopped to see the human statue. He was really cool. Cory gave him a tip and the guy shook his hand. It happened so fast, I missed the Kodak moment.We then headed to Willian Sonoma.........LOVE, LOVE that store!! We had samples of rich hot cocoa and headed home. It was a wonderful day. :-)8 more days until Christmas............are ya ready?????

No comments:
Post a Comment