Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Living Green



Hello there everyone. :-) I don't know about you but I have been kind of scared lately about 'Life' as we know it. Seems to me that things are really falling apart around us.........our planet, our people. Yesterday was Earth day; every day should be Earth day! Not only do we have to worry about Global warming but the price of Gas and now food too. How do families get by?
I have done a few things to help with Golbal warming. I changed our light bulbs, I have turned down the thermostate and I recycle......most things. I have to admit, I don't recycle everything, only the stuff that our recylcing co will pick up. I do use plasic sandwich bags like crazy....I know, bad. I have so many containers but they don't fit in my kids lunch box. Anyway, there are many areas that I could do better in and plan to do better in. I have added some new links about living green on my side bar.
Now about the food shortage and high prices.............OMG, have you noticed the price of bread or eggs lately?? I learned to be frugal when Randy was off work. I'm trying to still live frugally because I just don't know what's in our future. Besides, I have to watch every penny just to pay for gas and groceries.
I could go on and on but I have to start cleaning house. LOL!
Lets all do our part, even if it's a small part, to make our world a better place to live.
:-)

1 comment:

crftymama3 said...

First the planet... then gas, now rice, UGH...

We are planting a garden this year. I am much more conscience about the STUFF I buy now. We don't NEED it. I WANT to get some chickens for eggs. But I wonder if the grain to feed them is more then it is worth. I wish I knew what the settlers did more. I know they raised meat, eggs, garden foods, etc. They also died from illnesses too. I am so scared that my grandkids will too. :(