This came home from school with my kids this week. It's from Heads up learning and the class will be held at Oak Hills Presbyterian church in Milwaukie OR.
Having fun at Hogwarts
course #08-04 August 4 - 8 Mon- Fri
Time 9am noon, Cost $85.00 + a Material fee of $10.00
'The staff at Hogwards school of Witchcraft and Wizardry is opening it's door to all interested Muggles, especially those with a penchant for wizardry. During the week, students will explore herbology; potions; spells and charms; astronomy;arithmancy; and care of Magical creatures.
Muggles may even be called upon to defend Hogwarts from the dark arts; so be prepared fodr an adventure!'
Draco Dromiens Nunquan Titillandus.
I have a huge problem with this. It's teaching our kids witchcraft! I'm still in shock that it's being held at a church! A friend of mine called the head of the youth at this church and she sees nothing wrong with it. Our senior high pastor also called to voice his concerns, he got no where. It's not just the whole Harry Potter thing, my son read the books and saw the movie. I guess my problem is that there would be a class offered to teach Witch craft and the fact that it came home from school, yes handed out by the staff. Huh, they can't teach religion in school but they can take part in this crap?
If you are against this, please leave me a comment.
Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Diane, I agree! If more parents took a stand and didn't sign their kids up for the class, it would send a strong message.
Jennifer
I think MOST people are against mainstream religion in schools. But it is ok to teach witchcraft or eastern religion (meditation). It makes me CRAZY. In fact, after 9/11 I made In God We Trust hangers for teachers, they were not allowed to hang them at school. The principal thought they were religion in school. OMG.
Post a Comment