Monday, June 02, 2008

Recipes for you............

This is a recipe from the 10 minute meal plan (see my side bar) Shelby and I loved it, as well as my friend but my son and husband did not. (Whatever!)
Here you go.......

Beefed up biscuits

1 lb ground beef 1/2 c. onions, chopped
1 (8oz) can of tomato sauce 2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt 1 can flaky refrigerator biscuits
1 1/2 c. grated cheese
1/2 c. sour cream
1 egg

Preheat oven to 375 ( I did 350)
Brown ground beef and onion
Stir in Tomato sauce, chili powder and garlic salt.
Simmer while preparing the dough
Pull the biscuits apart into 2 layers, press 1/2 the biscuits into the bottom of a 8 x 8 square baking pan.
combine 1/2 the cheese, sour cream and egg
Remove the meat, drain and add sour cream mixture
Spoon over dough and bake for 25 - 30min

I got the recipe below out of the Southern Living our best Easy Weeknight Favorites recipe book.

Creamy Chicken Casserole (super easy, super yummy and not spendy to make)

3 c. cooked chopped chicken
1 10 3/4 oz can of cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
1 8oz carton of sour cream (I use fat free)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 c crushed ritz crackers
1/4 c butter

combine first 4 ingrediants, spoon into a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish.
combine crushed crakers and butter, mix and then sprinkle over the chicken mixture. Bake uncovered for 30 min at 350 degrees.

I hope you enjoy them both. :-)

1 comment:

Liane said...

YUM!!!!