Thursday, July 31, 2008

Great tip from a great friend

I just got off the phone with my very dear friend Betty. I met Betty online through a local scrapbooking group about 5 yrs. ago. I noticed after a while that she was moving close to where I lived and that our kids would be going to the same school. We soon met in person and have close friends ever since. Although she has moved to New Mexico, we stay in touch often. She is so wonderful, very positive, very kind, always willing to lend a helping hand, funny, amazing hostess and cook. She's also so creative and organized! She has shared so many great tips with me, here is one of them.
Most people start their 'new year' in January. Makes sense, that's when the new calendars come out etc. Being a Mom she figured out that starting her 'new year' in September made more sense to her. The kids start back to school and a new daily routine needs to begin once again. I think this is a great idea, I have been doing this for a few years now and I love it. All things new in September. For me it means all three of my kids will now be in school for 6 hours. That's 6 glorious hours of time for me!! Well, and the house etc. LOL! (I may be able to squeeze in another hour a day if I can convince my girls to take the bus. )
I plan on hitting the gym every morning, I've done it before, I can do it again. I plan on being able to stay on top of all the housework and maybe some yard work too.
I think that I'm ready for fall. The cooler days have me dreaming of yummy smells of pumkin bread and banana muffins baking in my oven and a fresh start to a new routine.
I love spring and summer though. I love flowers and MY tree in the back yard. I don't now what kind of tree it is but it's big and beautiful. I look forward every year to see the new leafs starting to bud. In the fall, it's beautiful with it's shades of orange, yellow and red. Just breathtaking.

I'm still working in my office/scrap-stamp room. I'm making progress but it's taking me a while because of all the inturuptions. (like the click of my computer that lets me know someone has emailed me or the funny sounds on my buddy list. Oh ya, the kids too.)

I need to go shopping today for an outfit to wear to a wedding..........can you believe that jeans and a t-shirt are not OK? LOL! I HATE shopping for cloths for myself, I'm sure I'll come home in a bad mood. Now if I was shopping ofr new shoes or handbag, I'd be so so happy. :-)

No comments: