Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Home safe!

Cory came home from the high school houseboat trip.......safe and sound, not one injury! He had a blast! In fact, he did not stop talking about the trip until I finally made him stop so we could go to bed at 1:00am. Both Cory and Nathan were so wired when I picked them up, non stop talking about their fun adventure and spiritual journey, it was hilarious.
He learned how to wake board, made new friends, grew closer to his friend Nat and grew closer to God. The youth pastor told us that the trip would be a life changing experience for the kids; it sure was for Cory. I'm very excited for Cory and so happy that he was able to go on this trip.

I feel bad that I have not done very much with my kids this summer. As you know, we have gone camping. Oh wait, let me re-phrase that. We have gone RV'ing a few times. I have been corrected with my term of 'camping'. You don't really camp in a trailer with all the comforts of home, that is called RV'ing. LOL! OK, I'll go along with that, I still have a soft bed and hot shower, you can call it anything you want. :) I have not taken the girls to the park with the water fountain, in fact no park trips at all! :( I had so many things planned for us but time just got away from me. I did purchase the pool and trampoline, they have had fun with those things.
I'd reallly like to take them to Newport for some sight seeing before school starts. Oh, we did go to Seaside, that was fun.
I'd better get to work around the house. Hope you all have a great day.

No comments: