Sunday, July 20, 2008

Trying to be frugal

I'm trying to cut costs where ever I can. I have been surfing the net and have found some great tips. Tuesday I'll be reducing our membership at the gym. I'm paying for my whole family to go but I'm the only person who uses it. I can cut the cost in half, that will help. As far as groceries, I'm trying hard to remember to meal plan, buy only what we need and what's on sale. I'm also making fewer trips around town to conserve gas. It has not been too terrible, living frugal. We are still playing catch up from Randy being off work for almost 2 yrs. I really thought things would be better once he returned but things are still tight. I think mostly because the price of everything is going up.
Anyway, I look at it this way.............Randy works hard for his paycheck, why in the world would I pay more for something if I can get it for less? That would be just silly! I'd much prefer to spend his hard earned cash on a new handbag, (just kidding........kind of LOL!) have fun with my family or go out with my friends, than to give it to the grocery store.
So I tried a frugal tip today...............I used white vinegar as the softener for my laundry. Guess what? It really worked!! Our cloths came out so soft and smelled so fresh. No vinegar smell at all!!! I'm not kidding. No more dryer sheets or liquid softener for us. I can buy a gallon of vinegar at Costco for just over $2.00. ( Use 1/4 cup for a regular size load, a bit more for a larger load. )
:)

2 comments:

Jess and Jodie Bergers said...

Seriously.....vinegar??? You'll know if you smell if I don't stand by you anymore. :-)

Jodie

Diane said...

ha ha ha, yes.....vinegar really works.