Monday, July 14, 2008

More about 'The Shack'


So why ask God for things when he already know what we want or need? I have struggled with this and sometimes still do. As I was reading my new favorite book, I came across this conversation that God is having with Mack; it became very clear to me why we talk to God.
"You don't play a game or color a picture with a child to show your superiority. Rather, you choose to limit yourself so as to facilitate and honor that relationship."
What it's saying is this, God does not want to have control over us, he wants a relationship with us. Yes, he knows what we need and want but he wants us to speak with him, he wants to hear in our own words, our desires and needs. As with being a parent, we know what our kids need but we love to listen to them. That is our relationship as parent and child.
I'm telling you all, you really need to read this book. I still have many questions and struggles but this book has really opened my eyes to many wonderful things.
Today is going to be a busy day for me. There is the everyday chores, menu planning with my awesome 10 meal planning system (see my sidebar for the link) and tonight is the kick off to Super Summer Spectacular at my church, the kids are so excited. I get to work in the preschool craft room. :)
Have a cool day!

2 comments:

Liane said...

Interesting book! Hey, I tagged you on my blog!

Diane said...

Oh Liane,
I'm so bad at tags, you have tagged me before and I never followed through. I'll try but it wont be until later. I'm super busy with life right now.
:-) Hope all is well with you, I've missed you in the blogging world. You must be busy too.