Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Being a Mom Sucks

I just got really, really mad at Hayley.........flew off the handle mad. Now, I feel so terrible. I told her to go brush her teeth; it was time to get ready for bed. She said, "I've got 5 more minutes".
About a minute later, Shelby says to me that Hayley did not brush her teeth, she's watching TV. That was all I needed, I was mad! Well after yelling at her, she starts crying and says that she did brush her teeth and that she still had 2 minutes of TV time left. Oh boy, I felt horrible.
Hayley is a very strong willed kid. She's the kid who gives me the most grief. Lately she has pushed me to the limits. I explained this to her.........she did not understand. Anyway, I hate this part of motherhood. I'm sure that I'm not the only Mom out there to screw up...........right?
:( How do I make this up to her? I huged her and said I was sorry. I even let her watch a bit more TV, mostly to calm her down. When she has a reason to cry, she gives it all she's got. I do believe that's called a drama queen. LOL! In her defense, she has a right to cry tonight. I feel like I'm totally ruining this kid and I don't know how to change it. I can't change her, I've tried. I get so irritated with her, she's not like the other two kids. She argues with me ..........always. She also is very literal. That is a hard thing to deal with, we have to be very careful how we word things. Anyway, I needed to vent............
Going to hug her again........

3 comments:

Brahmstadts said...

That is the worst feeling. Don't worry we have all been there, done that. She will be ok. Did she forgive you???? Just keep praying for her, she will to be your friend one day and thank you for everything you taught her!!!!

Diane said...

Thanks Kalli. :-)
We are fine, she left for school happy this morning.

Liane said...

I absolutely think an apology is the most important thing. I hate screwing up, and do it all of the time! Grrrrr. Oh well. Step up and be a good my by admiting you were wrong, what else can you do? we are, after all, only human!