My girls and I went to see the new American girl movie, Kit Kitredge. We all LOVED it! I think it's really too bad that the movie is geared towards girls, because I think this movie would appeal to boys too. It was a sweet story with a good lesson to be learned. It was set in 1936, during the depression. Families were losing their homes to foreclosers and families were doing all they could just to get by. It was good timing since times are tough right now for so many families. I shed a few tears, so you might want to have some tissue with you. Both Hayley and Shelby want to buy this movie, it's available tomorrow on DVD. :-)
Hayley was not feeling well this morning so she stayed home with me. I had to run errands so she was my shadow for the day. We bought groceries and Cooper a new toy. (He loves it by the way) :-) I scored at Walmart...........I wanted the original Halloween movie. Freddy's has it for $10.00. I decided to look at Walmart to see if it was less spendy. It was!...............kind of. LOL
I asked if they had it, the man said yes, in the $5.00 bin. Yea! He went over to the bin and found it for me. At the register it rang up at $10.00. I said no........I was told it was only $5.00. It's the law folks.............they sold it to me for $5.00. :-) A Halloween does not go by that I don't watch this movie, weird I know but it's a tradition for me. Cory is going to watch it with me this year.
We missed it on TV last Friday, I was scrapbooking at church.
Thursday we are headed to the Roloff's in Hillsboro to get a pumpkin and check out their farm.
Randy took Cooper to a friends house yesterday. (the friends who we got Cooper from) Cooper was so good, he never took off. He just hung out in the shop while Randy and our friend Paul welded and played grease monkeys. Paul and Randy had to rush to the house for something and poor little Cooper was left behind. They heard him barking at the door but could not get to it right then.( they had an emergency, everything is OK) Anyway, when Randy finally went outside there was NO Cooper. They looked all over and finally found him fast asleep in the shop. What a good boy. Randy felt so bad, it's the first time that Cooper had been left like that. I can't believe that little Cooper made his way back to the shop, he's so smart. :-) When they got home last night, Cooper slept and slept and slept. He was one tired puppy from playing with his old family and our friends dogs. I think maybe being left behind did him in too.
That's all for now. Take care everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment