Cool picture!I'm so glad that this week is over. It was not a bad week, just a busy week. I'm really looking forward to tonight, my Moms Time group is getting together for some 'girl fun'. No kids, no husbands, it's just going to be a time for us moms to let lose and eat, laugh and chat. :)
I'm a bit sad today, my youngest daughter is going on a field trip and I don't get to go......I did not get picked to be a parent helper. I'M ALWAYS A PARENT HELPER!!!!!!! :( I'll have no pictures to scrapbook of her fun day either. :( I told Shelby that maybe it because there is a Mom who has never been able to go on a field trip with her child before. She agreed and was OK with it. I'm still sad. :(
I had a nice day yesterday, I was able to spend time with two of my mom friends. We have started meeting one day each week, just to chit chat. Most of the moms have small kids, so it's fun for the kids too.
Friends...............I have learned so much while reading our study book, 'The Power of a Positive Friend'. Not only are we learning about being a positive friend but so much more. We are learning about why God puts people into our lives.
I shared with my group last week about the friends that God gave me as a child. My Mom had many health issues and was not really there for me. My parents divorced when I was 4. I had a wonderful Dad, thank you Jesus for that gift all on it's own. :) When I was a kid, I had many friends and neighbors who looked after me, entertained me and loved me. I did not realize it then how precious these relationships were, until later in my life. I used to get angry and sad that I did not have the 'perfect' family. It was not until I was about 3o or so that I took a long look at the people that God has put into my life. WOW, have I been blessed!
All the friends that I had as a kid were Christians. My parents did not attend church but I went with friends and neighbors since I was very young. Chance? I don't think so. I had two really close friends who really looked after me. I was too young to understand but they knew that I needed them, as my own Mom was not able to care for me the way I needed to be cared for. Please don't get the wrong impression here, I was well fed, had nice cloths etc. My Mom just had many, many issues going on in her life. (depression, health, etc) I never told my Dad the things that were going on, I guess I figured it was normal. He knew, but did not realize how bad things had gotten. At age 12 I finally realized that no, this was not normal and I called my Dad. ( I saw my Dad often, every weekend ) :) I went to live with my Dad at this time. :)
Even then, God put more Christian people in my life. All the way up to an adult, I have had Christian friends to guide me. I have not always followed the right path but my friends and God have always been there for me. I did not seek these friends, they came to me.
I may not become close friends with everyone I meet, but it could happen, if it's God will.
It's important to nurture our relationships with people, they may become life long friends. :)
Long post huh? LOL! I'm feeling mushy today I guess. I'm just so grateful to God for loving me so much. I don't thank him enough. So "God thank you so much for Blessing my life and loving me unconditionally".
Have a great day!Diane

3 comments:
I am so very thankful to have met you, Diane!
I am glad to hear some happiness in your recent posts.
I am glad that you are feeling the loving support from your friends around you. :)
Aww, thank your Rebecca. :) I'm so very thankful for your friendship too.
Hugs
Thanks for sharing this Diane! And I am so excited to read your mom's group had so much together! I love that! We need friends in our life... no matter who we are. :)
Post a Comment