Change is hard, I don't like it but sometimes it can be a good thing. I have stepped down from leading my Moms group at church. I have been in the group for 2 years but have only been leading for the past few months. The group has changed, it's more of a clique than a bible study. I do not want to be a part of that. Some of us have become really close friends and that is wonderful but the cliquey part.................not doing that. Yes, not only have I stepped down from leading but I'm leaving the group all together. That means no more group get togethers for me, that makes me sad because I have always enjoyed our time together. I will remain friends with a few of the ladies and we will continue to do fun things together but the whole group thing is no more for me. To be truthful, I was not much of a leader. Our group needed one, so I stepped up.
I tried but I just don't have leadership qualities. I'm more of a sit back and learn kinda person.
There is more to the story and reason for me stepping down but I'm keeping that to myself for now. I'm praying about it. Relationships are hard, I'm trying to figure out what God wants from me in this area of life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh Diane....I'm sorry to hear this. I must say I was envious of your group when I decided not to join one this year. I hope things will work out for everyone.
It's amazing how just one person can affect a groups dynamics.
(not speaking of myself. LOL)
I am praying for you! Good luck. Lets catch up soon. Yeah, back to school they go....lets meet next week. Thanks for thinking of me as well this week:)
Relationships are hard! And lifegroups can be messy. No doubts about that! Mom's groups are so important at ALC (well there is a huge need for them)-- and we don't have enough! Stepping up and leading the group was HUGE! Thank you! I hope you and Dana (the lg coordinator!) can brainstorm other ideas for you to lead/serve. Hey, you can always write posts for me on the coolchurchwomen.com blog! :) Praying for you and the group!
Post a Comment