Monday, March 02, 2009

YIKES!

Our PGE bill is through the roof! Last month our bill was $466.00, I just about fainted. I even called PGE to see if there was a mistake. We have lived in our home for over 9 yrs, the most our bill has ever been is about $300.00. We put in new windows last spring, as well as a new roof and insulation. The PGE lady said that high cost was due to our artic blast and rate increase.

Well, I just opened our new bill and it's $478.00!! Even higher and no artic blast. URGH!!!

What is up? I'm so frustrated at the economy, we just can't see to get ahead. How about you, are you having high electric bills too? I'm thinking about just unplugging everything.
Diane

5 comments:

Liane said...

Yikes! NOw I am afraid to go to the mailbox! hehehehehe

crftymama3 said...

WOW! Mine was only $119. We only have 1100 sq ft. though. Although, do you have electric heat?? Our NWnatural gas bill was about $120 too.
My PGE bill includes our trailer and extra freezer on there too. I would be outta my house if I was paying almost $500. OUCH!

crftymama3 said...

OH... you can save by putting in the energy efficient light bulbs. That helped us a ton, walmart sells them for about $8 a 3-4 pack. Also, I would unplug things when not in use. Like the toaster, coffee pot, etc. Turn off those lights!! Candles Baby!!! LOL

Diane said...

I've done it all. Along with the new windows and roof, I have changed all the light bulbs last year. We are all really good at turning off lights too. Our house is small too, just under 1800 Sq ft
Nothing has changed in the 9 yrs we've been here except for adding things to reduce our use. I was thinking though......this bill was for January, not Feb. So, it was really cold in Jan too, right? God I hope it was that. Yes, we do have electric heat, heat pump. I still don't think it should have been that high. URGH!

Jess and Jodie Bergers said...

I'm not surprised if you have electric heat. My parents do to and have just put in wall heaters to use instead. I think they said it was helping.