Saturday, August 29, 2009

Trust

For anyone reading this who does not yet know God or maybe has not really talked to him lately, you really should give him a try.
The last couple of months have been rough for us financially. I feel silly saying this when we just had a fabulous trip to Disneyland for a week. All was good until Randy's hours were cut at work; it was a HUGE pay cut for us. How do I manage to keep up with the rising cost of groceries, gas and bills? Everything keeps going up!!!
It got to the point that I just could not handle it anymore, I was in tears and totally stressed out.
Randy was on my case about spending...........hellooooo we have bills and 3 kids to feed, not to mention 3 dogs and a cat. LOL! He does not understand because he does not do the shopping or pay the bills, maybe I should hand this job over to him.
Then there is the child support that we still have to pay for his 19 yr old son. He's in college so we still have to pay for him. ( it's a lot!) Now......because he is no longer a child, we get to pay for 20% of his medical and dental. URGH!!!
He would get 100% coverage on medical but he choices not to go to a provider on the list. Dental is only covered 20% for adults. He just had oral surgery, yesterday. We got the bill for $200.000 that we had to pay.........yesterday! Thanks for the warning. Can you tell I'm bitter?
So, not fair.
Anyway, the only way I knew how to handle this was to offer it all up to God. I told God that I could not handle it anymore and to please, please help me. The next day I felt so calm and at peace. I knew that some how, it was all going to be OK. Within the next couple of days so many doors were opened for us. Praise God!
We still have bills and the prices of things still suck, but Randy just found out that he is getting his hours back and more pay. Thank you GOD!!! WOW!! I trusted in him and he took care of us. :) The next couple of months we will be playing catch up, I hate being behind.

So, the moral of the LONG story........Trust in the Lord, he will provide. Not just income but strength and peace. Another thing that I'd like to point out, save for a rainy day. You never know what tomorrow is going to bring. We had a huge savings when Randy was hurt at work. We had no idea that he'd be off work for so long. Save, save save!
Also, ( will this girl ever shut up....lol) little things add up. Save a $1.00 here and there, it adds up. Eating out, coffee out, movies oh my!
OK, I'm done. Thanks for reading my long post. :)
Enjoy your weekend
Diane

3 comments:

KristenB. said...

That was such a sweet testament...and so true. Sometimes it's hard to just let go, but obviously God heard your heart and granted the peace you needed. Please also remember you have friends (hint, hint) who have big shoulders for tears and anything else you need to let go of. If you're ever feeling at the end of your rope again, give me a call and feel free to unload - that's what friends are for...in the good times and the bad. Glad that you're feeling better and things are looking up!!

gbloom studio said...

Thanks so much for your story! I can totally relate! We have had such a rough couple months...well year really. Sometimes it's really hard to trust in him, even though I know he's right there wanting me to totally surrender and put all my trust in him!
Take care xo,
Gina

crftymama3 said...

It is SO true. You have to trust that the path will be right for you, in the end. God does know what will be, and how much we can handle.
I just got my Chase card issue fixed, without a single ding to my credit.
Huge relief. Not to mention... every time we really feel a crunch and I remember to hand it over (above)... something happens to make it OK. It's not easy, just OK. :)