Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Me, Me , Me, it's all about ME!

I'm feeling like I'm headed for a 'mommy/wife/homemaker' melt down very soon. I'm living in dirt and clutter and I can't take it anymore. The problem is that I don't want to clean. I don't want to do laundry. I don't want to pick up after everyone, not even myself. I'm tired, always tired. Maybe I need my thyroid meds checked or maybe I'm just tired of cleaning and doing laundry....ALWAYS!! Well, maybe not always, I am on the computer a lot. LOL!
I have just given up. I can not control the pile of crap in our home. I live with a bunch of slobs! My husband loves to find little places to stash stuff. Like, the top of the refrigerator. Oh, you might be surprised to find a screwdriver,tape measure, wasp spray that should have been used to kill the nasty beasts this last summer so the kids could go out and play in the back yard etc. I bought a nice little basket to hold our keys, garage door opener and dog leash. It's on a table by the front door....handy. Ya, handy for Randy to store more &^$@* (stuff) Drill bits,
sand paper, keys to what? I don't know, just lots of keys. Nuts, bolts etc. You'd think with all this stuff that can be used to fix things home would be in great shape. Ha! Nope, not so.
Christmas Tree is still up. Oh, his back hurts. Amazing how much better he feels when he HAS to go to his friends house to work on something. You know men and that shop thing. It's all about the 'shop'.
OK, I'm really venting now. LOL! (feels good to vent) I have tried talking to him, he does not hear me. I've tried being nice, being a nag and I even tried tears. It worked for a day but it never lasts long.
Then there are our 3 kids. I'd wished (prayed) for them to take after me, nope. They are just like their Dad.
I was once a neat and tidy freak. I'm now a zombie that walks over and on stuff.
Our house is in the worse shape ever. I don't know where to begin, or should I even try. I have done the 'Fly Lady's way. It was great but that's all I was doing. I never sat down, I never had lunch with my friends, I never got on Facebook...YIKES!
I had no life, except to clean all day long. YUCK! I just wanna have fun. Have a perfect house and have fun. Our house does not stay clean. No one (except me) cares.
You should see our bedroom! Oh wait, no you should not. That door is always closed. :)
Randy has piles of stuff on his side of the bed. I'm not allowed to touch it. Dust? YES...lots of it.
I cant' believe that I'm telling you all this. Please tell me that I'm not alone.
I have to go now. Hopefully my next post will be brighter.
Have a good one ya all.:)

4 comments:

Nadia said...

Oh Diane...we all go through these times, man, I'm pretty sure that was me a few weeks ago. It's hard because we can only control ourselves...unfortunately;)

A few weeks ago I decided to "tackle it" and take pictures of a room, closet, whatever it might be and show a before and after. yes, it's scary, but how motivating to do it when you share it with the world!

As far as keeping it clean, that's harder. Maybe let your kids do things (watch tv, friends, whatever) AFTER their room (living room/whatever) is picked up? I know it's a motivator for Noah:)

Did you want advice? Opps, well, there you have it. But do know we all have those days, it's NORMAL!

Nadia said...

Ok, one more thought, because I'm sure you want it...don't let yourself get overwhelmed and don't be so hard on yourself. Try doing one room/project a day. That's all! Don't try and get the whole house done, it will happen.


Or maybe you should just hire a cleaning lady...

Diane said...

Thank you Nadia. Advice and tips are from others is what I'm after. :)
I really like your tip for hiring the cleaning lady. :D

crftymama3 said...

For me, I took back the living room. I make the kids do the dishes, dishwasher, garbage, and recycling. Oh, and now the bathroom has been added to Saturdays when I head off to work. "I expect this done when I get home". Somehow though, I can get them to do this much, but I can't get Meghan to clean her room. Is she overwhelmed, just ends up playing, or purely is not wanting to clean it. I don't get it. She will even hand scrub my bathroom floor, but can't keep her bedroom picked up. :(