Friday, April 30, 2010

Can you believe it?

I'm actually blogging today, it's been forever. There has been a lot going on in the past few months but I just have not felt like blogging. I do facebook a lot, perhaps too much.
Where should I start? I guess today I'll just catch you up on things.
As most of you know, our good friend, Jon Anthony Rethati  passed away on March 27. He died after losing control of his new Harley Davidson. Randy works with John, Jon Anthony's Dad. Jon and his sister Paula used to babysit Cory. We have many great memories of camping, riding our quades at Sandlake, going to the State fair and just hanging out. We consider the Rethati's not only friends but family. It was very hard on us all to lose him but we know that he is at peace.

I have been having back pain for a couple of years. Leave it to me to put off going to the doctor.  I finally did and found out that I have a Lipoma! Doesn't that sound scary? I kind of freaked when I heard the 'oma' part. The first thing I thought of was cancer. Praise God, it's not cancer, it's just  a tumor that is lying on my spine and pushing on nerves, thus causing my pain. I go in for surgery on the 10th to have it removed. I'm not thrilled about being cut open, I'm a baby. I remember having my tubal and going into the OR, it was scary. LOL!  I should be fine and up and around in just 2 days. Yea!
I've been really tired lately, to the point that I fall asleep during the day, that is not like me. I also have NO motivation to do anything. I'm going in to have my blood work done, gotta keep on my thryroid issue.
Of course I've not lost any weight either, can't seem to get motivated in that area either. :(
We have a wedding to go to in August, I'd really like to lose a lot by then but...........it's just not happening.

Cory recieved his 2nd degree black belt a couple of weeks ago. We are so proud of him, he has been going strong, twice a week since he was 8yrs. old. :)

Sir is usually in his uniform but was not feeling his best this day. Cory was in need of a hair cut. LOL!

Hayley and shelby are playing Volleyball again this year. They both love it and  I can really see an improvement in both girls since last year. Hayley is really doing great!


Since I have not been motivated to do anything, our house and yard are showing the signs. Randy is seldom home. He is either working, sleeping or at his friends house working on his newest toy. URGH.! Yes, I have issues with his. He does nothing around the house/yard. It does not bother him in the least bit to have a messy yard or the fact that things are falling apart around the place. Yep, having issues in this area of our marraige. LOL!  So, I've given up........don't care either. I actually do care or it would not bother me so much but I can't do it all. Taking care of the  kids and doing the every day chores is all I can handle. My kids come first.

I'm really missing the scrapbooking but can't seem to find the time to do it. It's my goal (one of many) to declutter, get organized and finish albums for my kids.

On the quest to be frugal, I made homemade pizza dough last night. It was so easy and so cheap! :)
I'm going to make homemade hot pockets today. My kids love them but I wont buy then because they are spendy and full of who knows what.  This is something the kids can learn to make also. I'm going to make many types, even breakfast ones, then freeze them. The kids can then pop one in the microwave to warm up.
I went through a couple of my cookbooks this morning to find some new recipes to try. One cookbook that I really love is the Dinner Doctor. My good friend Betty told me about this one and it's a keeper.
I'm going to try the menu planning thing...............again. LOL! If I could just stick with things.

I better go. I'm still in my p.j.'s and it's already 11:00 am. You might find some type o's in this blog. Please over look them, I'm tired and don't feel like going over it.
Please come back again soon. I'm going to try to blog more often with fun stuff. :)
Have a great day!
Diane

1 comment:

Nadia said...

Glad the girls are liking volleyball! That was quite the catch up! You know, you could hire someone to do some work for you...I'm sure there are a lot of people out there right now looking for some odds and ends to do. Even just hiring someone for $10/hour for 3 hours could get a lot done, and it's just $30! I'm just saying, it could be the best $30 you've ever spent...:)

I hope everything goes well for you with your back...we'll be praying!