Monday, September 27, 2010

Homemade laundry soap......powdered recipe

I have been using homemade liquid laundry soap for about......6 months or so. I am please to say that I love it. It's frugal and does a great job.
I don't however like storing the 5 gallon bucket. I have decided to try the powered recipe. I have read great things about it so, I'm giving it a try. I'll post  later how well  I like it. :) It's fine to use in HE washers because both detergents are low suds.

Here is the recipe.
2 cups Fels Naptha Soap (finely grated, you can use a food processor or just fine grate)
1 cup Washing Soda (Arm & Hammer)
1 cup Borax

Mix well and store in an airtight plastic container. ( I think glass would be fine aslso)
Use 2 Tbs per full load.

Have a great day!
Oh, I have a recipe for a larger patch, just leave me a comment if you want it.

No comments: