This is how I want to live..............
I want my home to be simple, as well as the way I live my life. Today I had lunch with my friends. We have started to get together each month, we take turns hosting. It's so great to take just a couple of hours once a month to be together and catch up. We are all busy Mom's of many children. LOL! So, it's nice to just be us for a short while.
I often think about what life was like in the ' old day's. (no, not when I was a kid) but way back in the early 1900's. How did they get by without Target or Starbucks?????ACK!
How did they get by without TV, Video games and sliced bread? They did! They got by just fine, living life the way God intended.........simply. What a wonderful way to live. I want some of this simple living, I think it will actually bring my happiness. I'm not tossing out the TV or my kids video games, times have changed but I can simplify some of the other parts of my life. Like cooking from scratch, spending more time with my family and planting a garden this spring.
Gardening is not simple! It's hard work, I hate yard work. One look at my yard and you can figure that out. LOL! Planting a garden is a wonderful thing to do though. I will be teaching my kids that we don't have to get our veggies from a can. God gave us this wonderful food.......be thankful! I will be happy to share with our friends as well. :-)
Simple............huh, it's a lot of work to get to simple. I have a lot of decluttering to do but I'll get there, one day at a time.
Have a wonderful night eveyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You go girl! And, i will be happy to help you with some yummy garden vegges if you have too many! LOL
BTW, cattys at Mary's house! Hugs, L
Post a Comment