
This morning I made these blue berry pancakes. I know, I know, they are miss- shaped. I don't know why. No worries, they are delish! Since I'm trying to live and eat healthier, I found a Whole Wheat recipe online from Mr Breakfast.com. They are so good...........oh my gosh, you have to try them! I buy frozen blue berries from Costco, so I always have them on hand. Just take the amount of berries you need out of the freezer and there you go. We eat them with yogart, muffins, pancakes etc. In the summer we eat 'our own' blue berries from our bushes. :-)
I have been using whole wheat flour or spelt flour instead of white for a while now in pancakes and baked goodies. My kids have not noticed. I'm really surprised at that since they are SO darn picky. If you use whole wheat flour, use only half and the other half white all purpose flour. Whole wheat tends to be very heavy and dense. You can use all whole wheat pastry flour or spelt flour without having to add the all purpose. I buy my spelt flour at Winco, it's super cheap there in the bulk bins. :-) Oh heck, everything is cheaper at Winco. Thank God for that, I do every day! LOL.
OK, here is the recipe,
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
* 2 c. fat free milk
* 1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour (or ww pastry or spelt. )
* 1 c. fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
* 3/4 c. all purpose flour
* 4 egg whites (or two whole eggs. I used 1/2 c. of egg beaters)
* 1 tbs of canola oil
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp vanilla (use the good stuff!)
In a large bowl, mix together the two flours, baking powder and salt.
In a seperate bowl, mix together the milk, egg, oil and vanilla.
Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened and combined. ( you don't want tough pancakes)
Fold in the blueberries.
On a lightly greased skillet ( I use my non stick grill) set at med.(350) heat. place about 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto your grill or pan. When the edges start to look dry and the top bubbles, it's time to flip them.
ENJOY!
If anyone is doing Weight Watchers online, I would love to know how many points each pancake is. :-)
I'm going to try to make ww choc chip cookies and see if my kids will eat them. I'm really not sure if I can pass them off, I make a really mean Chocolate Chip cookie. They are rich, buttery and oh so good. Only 3 points per cookie. Who am I kidding, I can't eat just one!

No comments:
Post a Comment