Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Mom's Time

I went to my Mom's Time group at church today. Abundant Life Church. We are reading 'The Power of a Praying Wife'. This book is so wonderful, I'm learning a lot about my husband, his role in our marriage as well as myself and my role. I never thougth when I got married that it would be so complicated! Having kids adds to the whole picture too...........whew! It's a lot to deal with. I still get annoyed with my hubby but this book along with my friends in our group, are helping me to understand him. I think if more women had an outlet like this group, there would not be so many divorces today. We support eachother, can share and open up, it's amazing. I had a melt down tonight, balled like a baby. My friends were so great and helped me through it.
I'm so grateful to God for bringing such amazing people into my life.........my whole life. Not only do I mean my friends but acquaintances as well. I'm truely blessed. I just need to remember that when the chips are down. :-)
I feel like I don't have control in my life. Randy being off work, finances, my health and weight, the kids fighting, my house being a total mess...........all the time! (even when I've just cleaned it)
Using the woodstove for heat has added to my work load but I should not complain, it's keeping us toasty warm and reducing our electric bill. This is a perfect example of that I'm trying to do, fine the positive in things. This is not an easy thing to do but I'm trying, Lord knows, I'm trying.
:-) Thanks for reading my ramblings.................

1 comment:

Liane said...

Oh Diane! Hugs and love to you. I think this is exactly where my new year resolution was, to grow up... trying to gain control. WHY is that so hard? It just seems like everything happens without my knowledge or consent. I know we all have 'different' issues at home, it sure is amazing how we are all the same. Love to you.