Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Today........this week

Sorry for not updating my blog in the last few days; I've been so busy.

Yesterday was my last day to help in Shelby's kindy class. :-( I really have enjoyed being in the classroom and helping the kids each Monday. It's been kind of fun to play teacher too. Hee hee. I will miss these kids so much; they are all so special to me. The person that I will miss the most is Shelby's teacher. She is truly an amazing person. She has been the kindy teacher for each one of my kids, Shelby being the last to have her. :( Mrs. Souter teaches morning and afternoon kindy.........that's 51 kids to teach, keep track of, care for, make scrapbooks for and 51 kids to love. She really puts whole heart into teaching........amazing. We are so blessed to have had her be our children's teacher. Good thing she scrapbooks, I get to still visit with her now and then.:)

Wednesday is the last day of school..........YIKES! I was trying to think last night of the things that I'd like to get done while the girls are still in school. The first thing that came to mind.....double punch day at A Joy Forever scrapbook store. LOL! I get to go today and get the things I need to work on the kids school albums. YEA, I get to shop one more time until fall without anyone spilling the beans to Dad that I bought more scrapbook supplies. Hee hee. sneaky huh?

I got so much done yesterday. After school the girls and I went shopping for teacher gifts, I can't tell you what we bought, they might be reading this. :) We then headed out to the Troutdale outlet mall. We then bought a close friend a birthday gift and some funny T-shirts for me at the Big Dog store. $5.99 T-shirts, can't beat that. Then on to the Gymboree outlet store to buy a baby gift for another friend.

We had tacos for dinner last night......yum. I have not posted about grocery shopping, why you ask? I have not gone that's why! I have been doing good at working with what we have in the house. Thank goodness we have a stocked freezer and pantry, Randy's check last week was only $33.00. Yep, that's right, $33.00. The payroll company screwed up and would not fix the mistake until the next payroll day.......one week later. URGH! That's not fair, people have bills to pay, kids to feed!!

Today I have physical therapy for my wrists. The pain started way back in January when I got sick. You can go back and read my blog posts for more info. Anyway, I don't have RA, I do have DeQuervains Tendonitis. HUH? It's a type of tendonitis brought on by a virus. Painful!!
Here is a picture of where I have the pain. It's been really hard to do the simplest of things. I have been seeing a physical therapist and taking meds for a couple of weeks. I still have pain but I think it's getting better. I have a splint to wear on my left hand but I'm not very good at wearing it..........shoosh, don't tell. It bugs me!

I will be making a couple cards today, I'll try to get them posted tonight.
Have a blessed day

3 comments:

Liane said...

I didn't know you were doing PT for your wrist! Great. Hope it is well fast. I can't believe it is about summer either, well the weather isn't helping.

crftymama3 said...

So Big Dog isn't closing at Troutdale?? Bummer... I got T's for 50% the lowest price... which was like 75% their sale prices! (in Lincoln City) The clerk was sure if Troutdale was closing or not. I forgot to check. Anyhoo... I gotta get new clothes for the kids. I keep putting it off, not knowing what the weather is going to do. :(
So, have you heard that the Big Bite is supposed to be at Michaels very soon? Woohoo! I might NEED a new tool. LOL

Diane said...

The Troutdale store is smaller now but not sure if they are closing. The shirts for me were $5.99 but the girls were $4.00. :)
Now is a good time to buy summer cloths, all summer cloths are now starting to go on sale, then get ready for the fall cloths......when it's 90 degrees outside. @@
I have a big bite!! Hee hee!