Sunday, September 21, 2008

13 weeks to Christmas


Good Morning! I'm just checking to see if your awake. ha ha ha, or I should say ho ho ho.
Can you believe it, 13 weeks is just around the corner. YIKES!

Tomorrow is the first day of fall; it sure feels like it's here today. Cooper did not mind rain this very early morning but I sure did. I like the rain, I just don't like having to stand in it, in the wee hours and freezing as well.
I'm TIRED!!!

OK moving on.................I'm already thinking about my Christmas baking. I made a list last night of the cookie dough that I'd like to make up ahead of time and freeze.

Choc Chip
Choc Chip cookie brittle
Oatmeal
Oatmeal Scotches
Peanut butter
Grange cookies ( has coconut, really good, old fashioned cookie from my friend Becky)
Cinnamon roll cookies
Sugar cookies......of course!
Nutmeg logs
That's all I came of with for now. I need to look through my recipes. I want to spend a day mixing up a batches then popping them into the freezer to bake later. This will save me time.......I hope.
I went to a cookie exchange a couple of years ago, it was a lot of fun but I swore that I would NEVER do it again. There were 12 guest, each brought 6 doz cookies to share. I did not realize at the time, just how much work it was to bake 6 doz cookies all at once. I would love to host a cookie exchange but make it simple for everyone. I thought that it would be much easier to make freezable cookie dough to share. That way each guest only has to mix up the ingrediants, not bake. Most all cookie doughs freeze well. So, what do you think?

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday.

2 comments:

Jess and Jodie Bergers said...

I can't believe you are already counting down to CHRISTMAS!!! I seriously laughed out loud! Cookie exchange sounds good. I'm sure I could get my mom to freeze some for me to bring. :-)

Diane said...

I'm sure I could get my mom to freeze some for me to bring. :-)


You stinker, that does not count. I want you to slave over the mixing bowl. :-)