Good morning!
I just thought that I'd share with you, something that I do to make mornings a bit easier for me.
I bought some 'french toast bread' at Safeway yesterday; it was on sale. I made french toast and then flash froze the slices. Later I bagged them up in zip lock bags and back into the freezer they went. I take out what the kids want and just pop the slice into the toaster. YUM! This is an easy breakfast that the kids can make themselves as well.
This morning was sad for me but also brought me some wonderful memories of my youth. I'm desperately looking for the title to my Dads truck so we can sell it. I can't do a 'lost title', as the truck is a 1973 and the DMV only keeps records for 10 years. Crazy! Anyway, we are now stuck with this truck; can't sell it, can't scrap it without a title either.
So, this morning I decided to go through the last bit of my Dads stuff. (I had put it off) My Dad kept EVERYTHING! I have found receipts dated back to 1950! It's been fun to see how much things cost back then. I also found some great things from the year I was born.......1965. I can't wait to scrapbook these things. I also found the canceled check from the limo that my Dad hired for my 16th birthday and my driving school bill. All this made me cry........I miss my Dad, he was my very best friend. It was just he and I for a long time. From the moment that I was born, my Dad cared for me. He even took me to work with him, stuck my in the car seat and away we went. (My Mom was ill most of the time)
I'm off to take my MIL to the doctors, I have to drive her wheel chair van, I HATE it. The thing is huge and has so many blind spots because of the lift thingy. After that I'm going to look at a puppy. Yes, you read that right.........a puppy. Our friends daughter's dog had a litter of 'Pug-adores'. Of what you ask??? Pug- Lab mix. Can you imagine? Randy said that two of the pups look like labs, big feet and all. One of them is black and white. This is the one that Randy has grown to like. He loves the cool markings on it. Our friends are leaving for Europe on Sunday and need to find homes soon. At first I said NO WAY! No more dogs. Crap, you know I can't say no for long. Who doses not love a puppy? Crap..............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds darling.... I cant wait to meet the new puppy....
Post a Comment