Monday, January 26, 2009

Friends and small group

I am happy to report that we are going to be reading the book, The Power of a Positive Friend in my small group. I asked a couple of my friends in the group once again about the book thinking that maybe I misunderstood.........I did. I think that this will be an amazing study and I'm so exciting to be leading it.
I was feeling a bit guilty and not sure of my leadership abilities but after talking to my Life Group coach today, I feel so much better. I had a mom ask me why I have closed the group and why I wanted a commitment from the groups members to attend. I explained my reasons to her but she was not so thrilled with my answers. I also received an email today from a member who rarely comes why I have closed it and want a commitment. Well..........if you can not commit to this group and to the other members, don't bother coming. We have all bonded over the last year and a half. If a Mom needs to open up and share, she should feel safe with those in the group. She may not feel that she can share and be open with someone that she does not know. There have been many tears, many laughs and many very intimate discussions in our group.
Anyway, I look forward to leading and learning with this group and my friends. :)

No comments: