Last night was the beginning of our new study book, The Power of a Positive Friend, in my Moms group at church. I had closed our group, but this new Mom found our group on the church website and wanted to join. I invited her to come check us out, so last night we got to meet her. Let me tell you, that God's timing is so perfect!
Her husband just left for boot camp, in Kentucky, he is in the reserves and will be gone until July. She and their 19 mos. old baby are living with her in - laws. Her best friend just moved to WA and she is new to our church. She does not know anyone.............yet. It was an emotional time for her. I'm so proud of the Moms in my group (my friends) they embraced her and gave her so much love and support. We told her that she has friends.......she has us!
Friendships are so important, not only for women but for men as well. We often get so busy with our daily life's that we forget to nurture our friendships.
I sure hope that this new Mom comes back next Tuesday. :)
Have you every thought about how friends become friends? The 'birth' of a friendship? I shared last night how I became friends with someone at church. I was new there and shy. (can you believe me to be shy? LOL) I was checking my kids into Kidmo and talking to one of my kids about why we have not gone to church there yet. Kristie had been standing behind me and over heard. She then invited me to sit with her on Sunday. :) Little did I know, that she was actually friends with a few people that I knew. Small world? Maybe so, but I think it was all Gods timing.
Some of my close friends I have met at my kids school, some from my shcool days, some at church, lots online and some....just buy chance, I cherish each one and I know that each one is a gift from God.
There are lots of Moms out there who I know could really use a friend, how about trying to find one and befriend her?
Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a great story! How have you been ? I love your quote about the skinny woman living inside! I laughed my head off too funny! Hope you are all well
God Bless,
Gina
Awesome! I knew you would make a great leader.
Hey there Gina! I'm great, how are you? I love my quote too. Ha ha ha.
It's not mine,but it's a good one.
hugs to you
Thanks Jodi. :) I did not think I could do this......I was wrong.
It's only with God's Grace though
Post a Comment