Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I picked this book for my Moms Time group at church. We have done a marriage study, a Mom study and study on having a great family. I wanted to try something different. I believe that friendships are very important. This book uses bible references to teach the readers about being a friend. I started reading the book last night and really like it so far. I brought it to group last night to show everyone and let them know that this was our book of study. I don't think they liked it much. They did not even open the book to check it out first. URGH..........frustrating! I will continue to read this book for myself but now I'm on a hunt for new book. I try to please everyone..........will I ever learn the lesson that, 'you can't please everyone'?

2 comments:

crftymama3 said...

You can not please everyone. It just won't happen. Everyone needs something different from each situation that is encountered. Some need a break from life, kids, work, other friendships, etc. Some are looking to better themselves, and some might just be looking for a reason to 'be away' and not just 'need a break'.
I hope everything works out for the entire group.

Jess and Jodie Bergers said...

I think the topic sounds like a great one and might even check it out myself!