Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Needing a bit of spring sunshine

Don't you just love my new header picture? I'm so tired of the dull, dark and gloomy days. I can't wait for spring and summer!! I want to plant flowers.........I LOVE FLOWERS!!
Anyway, not much is going on with me. I'm still cleaning and de-cluttering, I don't think I'll ever be finished. :( Randy bought a new Toyota truck to drive to work, so money is once again tight. URGH! I hate having to budget! Oh, the truck is not brand new, it's a 2004 but it's nice.
My 14 yr old son has girlfriend. YIKES! I was actually looking forward to this day but now I'm a nervous wreck. Things are so different theses days with kids.........or are they? I had my first boyfriend at 14, We dated until I was 22. (with a break in there, not long) Maybe that's why I'm nervous..........I was that age. One difference from my youth, I am a stay at home Mom. Unlike my parents who both worked.
I'm realizing that things are very different when you are the parent of a boy, than a girl. I get the feeling that the boys are labeled from the get go that they are after one thing and one thing only. My Dad was that way, very strict and not real nice to my boyfriend. He was after all protecting his little girl. I hated it then but understand now that I'm a parent. Anyway, I don't like the fact that the girl 'needs protecting' from the boy. (In the girls parents eyes) Girls are like boys.........
nough said. :)
I hope that you enjoy your day, I have to get busy and do chores!
Oh please wish me luck. Tonight is the night that I take over leading my Mom's group at church.
:)

3 comments:

crftymama3 said...

Good Luck on your mom's group.

I totally agree about the stereotype of boy vs. girl dating. I am finding though, that I worry about my boy's feelings. Maybe because I think about that from the emotional womans side-of-view.

Girls seem to dump boys all the time, and not think about the emotional side now-a-days. The things that my generation (not long ago) did at 15 are done at 12 now. That freaks me out. Then again, kids seem to be "going out" and yet barely talk to one-another. It's funny, odd, wierd, and just as confusing to me now as it was then. LOL

Jess and Jodie Bergers said...

Are you ever frightened at the thought that you could actually be looking at your future daughter-in-law? I started dating Jess when I was 15 and now we're married! I hope you like her!! :-)

Diane said...

YES! I started going out with my first boyfriend at 14, we dated until we were 22. Knowing that you and Kalli also met your husbands at that age, has me thinking. She is really nice but I don't know her that well yet. What scares me, is things are a bit different these days...........things tend to move faster.