That's me or should I say my name lately has been Mara. Mara was the name that Naomi gave herself in the book of Ruth. I've been feeling very resentful, angry, depressed, just down right unhappy and well............like a door mat. Randy does not help out around the house or yard. He comes from a messy family and so he's used to it, it does not bother him at all. At least when it comes to his crap around the house, in every little nook and cranny. I'll stop now, because I could get really carried away with how I'm feeling about all this. I come from a very neat and tidy family. Both of my parents were really into style and neatness.
We are a family of 5. In that family, there is only 1 person who cleans..........me. I don't know why, but I can't keep up. I try, I really do but the house is always a mess. Dust bunnies are everywhere, crumbs, dog hair, stuff...........URGH!
I'm to the point of just throwing my hands in the air and walking away.................really. I have told Randy how I feel so many times, he just does not get it. There is more to my unhappiness, it's Randy's and my relationship or lack of.
Some have noticed that I'm blogging or on Facebook a lot. Yes, I am, I admit it. When I'm angry, stressed or just need time for me, I head back to my Mom cave and hide on my computer.
Right now my kitchen sink is full of dishes, the dishwasher is full. I have piles of laundry on the bathroom floor. ( I don't have a laundry room) There is dust and grossness everywhere. Did I mention the dog hair..........so icky!!! Let's see, there is kid stuff, Randy stuff and clutter too.
Why did I start this post? It was not to vent, although it has felt kind of good. LOL
I started this post to say that I'm going to pray, pray and pray some more for God to give me super powers and to change my awful attitude. Today is a new day, I don't want to be Mara.
OK, I'm done and now ready to tackle the house.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Diane}}}}}}}}}}}}}} sorry you are having a tough time! I am the only cleaner here too, and I know how frustrating it is some days! I actually had a mini breakdown last weekend about it! And, it did help! Big hugs to you L
I came across your blog through Google. While reading through your post, I swear that were describing me and my home life of late. I hate the tension around here!
I hope that things take a turn for the better for you really soon. Know that you're not alone!
Tami
(((((((((Diane)))))))))))
I am so sorry that things are this hard for you, on you, etc. You wanna come see my house? It might make you feel better. Hee-hee!!
I just finished making Meghan go back to her room, for the 100th time this week. I can't even take a step in there. :(
I call our house, organized crap. :)
The dog & cat hair is so bad right now, with the spring weather coming in and warming the pets, reminding them to shed EVERYWHERE.
I hate looking at my kids (when not at the house) and seeing cat hair them. UGH!
Wanna get outta the house and come over to scrap? Wednesdays are open for me! :)
Hang in there, pray. You have a wonderful husband and kids that love you. Remember its just the small stuff in life. Smile and enjoy a new day tomorrow!
Right now I would take dust bunnies and dog hair! We're facing a broken dishwasher (again), broken shower, a car in the shop, another car with the oil light coming on and yep I just found my cell phone by the sliding glass door with the whole antennae broke off....I guess my superglue didn't work. :-(
WOW! This sounds like a conversation I have had with my family a time or two!!! Hang in there girl. Pray, Pray, Pray. Jen
OK-I'm reading this blog almost a week after you posted it and one thing I notice that's clear from the comments is that when all else fails it's obvious you have friends who care for and support you - and even some who just happen to "stumble" upon you via google and share your story. Just know you are not alone and anyone who tells you motherhood and managing a household is an easy job is either lying or studied under Bree Hodge (Desperate Housewives). In either case, you're doing a fantastic job and the rest of us are struggling right along with you!! Take care.
Post a Comment