Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Another friend............gone

We lost another dear friend on Monday. Ladine was our neighbor, friend and second Mom. Our kids called  her Grandma Ladine. It was her time, she lived a long and happy life but it's still very sad.

Gerald and Ladine celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary just a few months ago. 50 years!  Ladine got to celebrate her birthday on Saturday with her whole family. If we had known that she was going to pass, Randy and I would have canceled our camping trip.
She had heart problems and we knew that her time was limited but no one knew it would happen so fast, she seemed fine on her birthday. (what a great gift, praise God!)


I was not thrilled about moving into our house 10 yrs. ago. I loved our house in Portland, it was newer, cute and had a nice yard. After living here for some time I realized that God had plans for Randy, I and our kids.
If we had not moved here, we would not have the Hosler family in our lives. We also would not have all the  other wonderful friends that we have made because of our church or our childrens schools.

I'll never forget the day that Ladine's husband Gerald came across his pasture to introduce himself to us. We loved him from the get go. He is so friendly and so funny. We thought that he lived in his house with  his son and two grandkids. It was not until 6 months later that Ladine called me to say our boys (her grandson) wanted to play together. HUH? Who are you? LOL!  I told Randy, "there are women living there!"
It was not long before we all became 'family'. Becky (Gerald and Ladine's daughter and Aunty Becky to my kids) is one of my closets friends, in fact..........I condider her my sister. Becky was the first person to come and comfort me when my Dad passed away 4 yrs ago, a big hug can go a long way. :)
The Hosler's have a large, loving family and we feel so very blessed to be apart of their bunch. :)

So much for happy blogging huh?  Actually, it is time to celebrate. Ladine is no longer in pain or discomfort, she's with Jesus!

No comments: